Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Tidbits

--I once told Harper that Skittles used to make me really nuts when I was younger. They were my favorite candy, but something about them (oh, the insane levels of sugar + artificial colors perhaps?) made me go wild and then crash. It was a whole thing. This year I filled some of her Easter eggs with a few Skittles, which delighted her.
Later in the evening, after Bea was asleep and we were recapping our weekend on the couch, she opened a couple last eggs and started sharing some candy with me. She got to one with Skittles and held out a grape one. As I reached, she quickly pulled it away. "Promise you won't go crazy?!" A look of terror in her eyes. Oh, that was good.

--I like to give Bea small "treats" in a cup and then put her on the floor so I can do kitchen things. Today I put puffs of whipped cream and then later a tiny inch of OJ. Is this like how my mom told me Certs were candy?

--After finishing up this bad ass Lego Frozen ice castle Harper says "Oh! I also did that Sleeping Beauty one! Do you think daddy will go upside down for it, too?" .... What?
She looks kind of sheepish, "You know...like you said he was going to go upside down when he saw how cool this castle was..."
Oh! "Yes yes -- I said he was totally going to flip over how awesome it was. So yup. He's gonna flip over Sleeping Beauty's bedroom, too."

--I inherently know that giving up caffeine would help stabilize the ups and downs of my blood sugar and therefore help me lose the few pounds I'd like to lose, but to be quite honest -- this feels like an impossible journey. Oftentimes, Bea has us up at 4:00 in the a.m. Trudging through that without hot tea (followed by a hot coffee a few hours later) sounds like a fool's errand. I'm sure there are a hearty few who will chime in "Do it! You'll love it!" but I think it might be like the time I gave up using shampoo, turning to a vinegar rinse once a week instead. LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR ALL THAT.

--We were waiting for an Uber to take us to the UES for a playdate today and Harper sighs super heavily. "Ugh. I really hope it's not Mario this time." Because last month when we visited the children's museum together we had a driver named Mario (I never would have remembered this) who took a long time to pick us up. So heads up -- don't mess with Harper, Ubsters! She'll rate you 2 stars in a cold black heartbeat.










No comments:

Post a Comment